Payroll & HR Administrator
York, North Yorkshire
At Hunters, we believe in building long term relationships. Not only with our clients but with our staff as well. We pride ourselves on developing our people and letting them grow alongside our business. 90% of our managers come from within the company and the success stories are plentiful. At Hunters, we want to work with you to develop your career.
Benefits include Hunters Training Academy – accredited by NAEA & ARLA, Fast Career Progression Opportunities, Pension Scheme, Annual Leave 22 days (increasing after 2 years up to max of 27 days) plus 8 Bank Holidays, Sick pay (after probationary period), Death in Services Scheme @ 2 x salary, Employee assistance programme.
We are looking for someone to start immediately who will work within the Payroll & HR team to successfully deliver an efficient and effective payroll service from Starters to Leavers and everything in between.
The idea candidate for this position is an individual from a background in payroll who is looking to expand on their service offering and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce an accurate payroll in line with company requirements (Monthly)
- Maintain up to date records on both payroll and HR systems
- Set up and process new starters and leavers, issuing P45’s
- Processing and calculating maternity & paternity pay, sickness & absence
- Responsible for any amendments in a timely manner
- Continually review processes and develop the payroll function to ensure meets current legislation, business needs and deliver an effective payroll service
- Respond and resolve payroll queries promptly
- Liaise with HMRC, Standard Life Auto Enrolment, AOE Orders
- Month End and Year End processing of P60 Forms
- Previous payroll experience essential together with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- IRIS Payroll Professional and IRIS HR experience desirable
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise workload with minimal supervision with initiative
- Ability to work quickly and calmly, especially under pressure and to short deadlines
- A team worker with a flexible approach, including the ability to request and offer support to other team members
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain issues clearly
- Flexible approach to working, including willingness to work additional hours as required in order to meet payroll deadlines.