Property Portfolio Manager
York, North Yorkshire
Summary of Position
The Property Portfolio Manager will provide a high level of customer service, building relationships with clients, tenants, contractors, and landlords.
They be responsible for regular contact with clients throughout the term of the tenancy. Working within the legal requirements, deal with all inspections and checkouts ensuring satisfaction for both tenant and landlord.
They will ensure a high level of accuracy in the completion of all Company and client documentation. They will work mainly with the Letting Manager, however, will interact with the maintenance, lettings accounts dept and lettings staff daily.
Communications may also take place with staff members at other letting offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise on a day-to-day basis with existing and new customers and satisfy customer requirements.
- Organise and carry out all internal property inspections within timescale
- Produce and send landlord reports on inspections with 3 days after inspection
- Organise inventories to be ready minimum 24 hours before move-in; ensure all pages signed and any amendments returned by tenants within 7-day time frame
- Advise maintenance of any issues raised on amendments as appropriate
- Follow check out procedures and conduct efficient checkouts
- Ensure checkout procedures completed in timely fashion
- Develop relationships with contractors and ensure all have a signed Contractor relationship policy doc and have appropriate insurance.
- Organise estimates, repairs, and maintenance as appropriate
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, tenants and contractors and provide feedback to all parties as appropriate
- Complete works orders, authorise the works and follow through to completion
- Organise gas safety maintenance files for all managed properties, ensuring Certificates renewed on time
- Manage and maintain daily administrative systems and procedures
- Provide clients and tenants with contact point for emergency cover
- Ensure all administration and admin records are completed and maintained to a highly professional standard
- Administer all responsibilities in the most cost-effective way and always operate within approved budgets and Company policies
- Authorise and Post invoices from contractors onto software system for payment
Role Specific Competencies
- Trustworthy & Ethics
Principal Measures / KPI’s
- Inspections completed on time and within guidelines
- Inventory completed 24hours before check-in
- Checkouts completed within legal guidelines
- Database produced of potential properties and LL’s
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience in customer face to face dealings
- Previous experience in telephone communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to meet deadlines
Training & Qualifications
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above (C r equivalent)
- Hunters Academy Training endorsed by Propertymark (ARLA and NAEA) will be provided
- All employees, Managers, Directors within the Lettings team, customers, and external suppliers if there is any. (The line manager can confirm this.)
- Customer driven with a drive for results
- Show respect for others and build relationships
- Car owner/Driver