Senior Lettings Negotiator
Are you able to demonstrate a high level of customer service?
Have you had proven success in organisation and efficiency?
Are you searching for your next exciting opportunity in a supportive and constantly developing company?
We want to hear from you!
Hunters are currently searching for a Senior Lettings Negotiator based in our Lichfield Office for immediate start.
This position is offering a salary of £21,000 to £23,000 plus commissions which will be negotiable dependant on experience.
Senior Lettings Negotiator/Valuer
Reports to: Lettings Manager/Branch Manger
Location: Office Based
Subordinate Staff: Nil at present
Salary Basic & Commission %:
The Senior Lettings Negotiator will provide a high level of customer service whilst building relationships with colleagues and clients. They will achieve sales targets and assist others in achievement of targets, providing speedy and accurate work in all areas of Company lettings and will play an active part in building and maintaining inter office communication. They will also be required to dress smartly according to company standard and present themselves in an appropriate manner when on an appointment.
The Senior Lettings Negotiator works mainly with the Lettings Manager, however will have interaction with the maintenance, lettings accounts department and sales staff on a daily basis. The majority of work will be in the office, however a large percentage may be out of the office on appointments example valuations, viewings, inspections, etc. Interaction may also take place with staff members at other letting offices and sales offices.
- Dealing with day to day general enquiries face to face / telephone and administration
- Completion of all appropriate section of checklists in full and on time
- Registering applicants onto mailing list
- Conduct lettings valuations.
- Element of staff supervision – ensuring all tasks within the team are completed
- Receiving and processing an application including referencing
- Chasing completion of an application and informing all relevant parties of updates and completion
- Ensuring all files correct for check-in 24 hours before
- Conduct Check-ins
- Organising, booking and confirming viewings
- Proactively manage own applicants and the mailing list to generate viewings
- Dealing with and actioning website and Rightmove enquiries
- Booking viewings, valuations and check in’s into diary
- Print notice to quit report from system and action accordingly, update system
- Print renewals report and action accordingly and update system (dependent upon market and legislation experience)
- Update mailing list
- Viewing call backs within 24 hours of viewings as per software requirements
- Complete move in paperwork and after move in paperwork
- Update daily on RealCube applications / viewings / tenant insurance / tenant withdrawn
- Selling appropriate insurances to LL and tenants
- Take messages from overnight answerphone
- Landlord updates
- Maximising income through third party suppliers
- Conducting viewings out of the office on occasion and as required
- Complete all notes onto the contemporaneous software system
- Actively pursue new business following the Big Rocks.
- Generating Insurance sales
- Agreeing lets
- Management of administration records
- Management of landlord/applicants interface at office/in field
- Management of third party interface
Decision Making Authority (Examples)
Without Reference to the Manager
- The day to day management of time and activities to achieve objectives
- The management of all expenditure within agreed budget
- Interface with customers and suppliers on a daily basis
- The execution of Appraisals and Personal Development Plans
With Reference to the Manager
- Any expenditure/agreements outside the ‘norm’
- Sign off for new projects/initiatives prior to
- Development of new market opportunities
Experience / Qualities Required
- Previous experience in customer face to face dealings
- Previous experience in telephone communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven success in organisation and efficiency with
- A good record of personal effectiveness
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Customer driven with a drive for results
- Some previous experience / understanding in the rental market
- Show respect for others and build relationships
- Previous Lettings experience (desirable)
Principal Measures / KPI’s
- Applicants registered
- Viewings booked
- Valuation appointments
- Insurance Sales
· Achieve sales targets and assist others in achievement of targets
· Proactively manage own applicants and mailing list to generate viewings
· Actively pursue new business
· Selling appropriate insurances to Landlords and Tenants
· Maximise income through third party suppliers
· Conduct viewings in highly professional manner out of the office when required
· Booking valuations and check ins
· Actioning website and Rightmove/Zoopla enquiries
· Dealing with day to day general enquiries from customers both face to face and over the telephone
· Receiving and processing applications including referencing
What we’re looking for:
· A full driving license with access to own transport is essential to this role
· At least one years experience in Lettings or knowledge of the rental market is essential to this role
· A customer driven individual with a passion to exceed expectations
· Previous experience or understanding of the rental market
· Ability to build positive rapport with customers
· Able to show excellent organisation and efficiency skills
· Comfortable in achieving and exceeding set KPI targets
· Excellent attention to detail
· An outgoing, positive and bubbly personality!
Benefits of being part of the Hunters team:
· Hunters Training Academy is dedicated to the training of all staff with training courses endorsed by Propertymark (ARLA and NAEA)
· Moments of Magic every last Friday of the month with prizes to be won for going the extra mile!
· Office based in the charming town of Tamworth!
· Supportive and encouraging team atmosphere to enable you to progress through your career with us!
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to be part of an ambitious and innovative company with extensive potential to progress throughout your career. We are extremely proud of our success rates we have worked towards and you will be highly commended for your contributions in sustaining this.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£23,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- Driving License (required)