How Many Viewings Do Buyers Need?
9th September 2021 posted in Sellers Buyers
There is no getting away from the fact that the housing market has changed. It used to be that physical viewings were essential in the property market, and some buyers would view a property many times before making an offer.
This is no longer the case.
At Hunters West Hampstead, we have seen this in the local area. It is understandable that physical viewings are down, with many people hesitant to visit homes, and many vendors are reluctant to welcome many people into their home.
Online viewings have increased significantly, and are an integral part of the sales or buying process.
Recent study indicates many buyers cannot arrange a viewing
U-See Homes asked buyers about failing to arrange a viewing before the home was sold, and these are the findings:
- 51% of buyers said they experienced homes being sold before they made it to the viewing stage
- 33% of respondents said this happened with at least one quarter of their scheduled viewing
- 9% said they couldn’t view the property for around a quarter and half of their scheduled appointments
- 9% said they couldn’t view the property on at least half of their scheduled appointments
Homes are being sold quickly in 2021
U-See Homes also asked buyers if they saw a property once but then didn’t manage to arrange a second viewing because the house was sold. These were the findings:
- 38% of buyers said this was the case
- 15% of respondents said it happened at least a quarter of the time before they arranged a second viewing
- 48% of UK buyers said they would be happy to submit an offer after an initial viewing in person with a second viewing conducted virtually
- 36% said a virtual tour would have helped them avoid unnecessary viewings
- 16% of respondents said they would submit an offer on a property liked after a virtual viewing, and without having seen it in person
If you are a vendor, online viewings are critical for connecting with buyers, and we can help you make the best impression. Contact Hunters West Hampstead today to get the help you need to sell your home.
Simon Dempsey, head of marketing for U-See Homes, commented: “Homes are selling like hotcakes in the current market and if you’re lucky enough to reach the offers stage, the chances are you’ll have some tough competition from a number of other eager buyers. For over half of homebuyers, the initial task of getting a foot in the door is proving too large an obstacle and many are finding the properties they have scheduled to view are flying off the shelf before they’ve even had a chance to view them.”
Simon continued by saying; “Virtual viewings can be a vital resource in overcoming this current property market pitfall, allowing you to get a very good idea of a home before viewing, or as a follow up to an initial viewing to reconfirm your feelings. Doing so allows you to at least remove the need for an unnecessary additional viewing in person and if you do want to make an offer, it can mean getting in ahead of the rest.”
Simon concluded by saying; “Of course, while virtual viewings can streamline the process, you need to make it to that all-important physical viewing first which is also proving a tough ask. That said, 16% of buyers would be prepared to submit an offer without seeing the home in person first - and even we’re a little surprised by that.”
At Hunters, we are more than happy to talk you through any local property issue, and make sure you are prepared for moving and selling. The property market is moving quickly these days, and we are keen to help you make informed decisions.
If you need any help or guidance regarding property matters, please get in touch. As your local housing market specialists, we will do what we can to ensure you make your next house move in style. Contact Hunters West Hampstead today for all your housing and letting needs.