At Hunters Stoke Newington, we are committed to helping you make informed decisions. We are active in the local rental market, and we are pleased to say we work closely with many local landlords and tenants.
We also stay in touch with research surrounding the rental market, locally, across London and nationally. This ensures we help you make an informed decision every time.
What are tenants looking for across London?
According to Spotahome research, a garage or parking space is the leading feature requested by tenants in the capital.
The list of desirable features is as follows:
· Rental property with a garage or parking space had a demand score of 26%
· A garden in the rental property had a demand score of 25%
· Rental property with a terrace or balcony had a demand score of 23%
· Nearby amenities such as gyms, supermarkets, shops and swimming pools also had a demand score of 23%
· Security features or the property having a porter also achieved a demand score of 23%
· A furnished flat had a demand score of 20%
· A pet-friendly home had a demand score of 11%
Demand by London borough
The most desirable features by London borough can be viewed below:
· A balcony was the leading feature in the following boroughs, Westminster, Bexley, Havering, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge, Bromley and the City of London.
· A parking space was the most in-demand feature in the following boroughs: Kingston, Barking and Dagenham, Greenwich, Hillingdon, Southwark, Brent and Enfield.
· A rental property with a garden was the most desirable feature in the following boroughs: Fulham, Richmond and Hammersmith, Harrow, Hackney, Lewisham, Barnet.
· Security was the most pressing concern in Merton, Waltham Forest, Haringey, Ealing and Croydon while a pet-friendly rental property was most important in Islington, Camden and Hounslow.
Hackney tenants are looking for garden space
With Stoke Newington located in the London borough of Hackney, it appears tenants in the local area are most interested in finding rental property with a garden space. When you consider the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the heightened demand for garden space shouldn’t be a surprise.
If you are a Stoke Newington landlord with a garden space, you’ll find there is considerable demand for your property, and we can help you connect with the best standard of tenants.
Nadia Butt is the UK and Ireland Country Manager of Spotahome, and she said; “Recent events have certainly seen a spike in demand for outdoor space to help ease the monotony of more time spent at home. However, whilst gardens and balconies remain sought after features, a parking space within the capital continues to be at the top of the tenant wish list.”
Nadia continued by saying; “When planning a move to London or even within London for that matter, it’s important to be realistic about what you will be able to secure in your desired location. A search for green space in the capital’s inner boroughs isn’t going to be as fruitful as rental pockets across London’s outer boroughs. So you may need to compromise with a balcony or terrace if inner London is where you want to be.”
If you need any help or guidance regarding property matters, please get in touch. As your local housing market specialists, we will do what we can to ensure you make your next house move in style. Contact Hunters Stoke Newington today for all your housing and letting needs.