A good tenant is essential to a successful let, which is why we carry out such thorough referencing on your behalf.
Information we require and checks we carry out include:
• Financial credit check;
• County Court Judgements, bankruptcy and insolvency action;
• Electoral roll validation and previous aliases;
• Earnings check, which will include contacting employers
(or previous employer if recently changed job);
• Self-employed earnings check, via a financial reference from the tenant’s accountant, at least two years’ accounts, or confirmation of income from the Inland Revenue;
• References from previous landlords.
• Right to Rent checks – to ensure the tenant is legally allowed to rent this country.
This thorough vetting of tenants reduces the risk of arrears and gives you the peace of mind that your property is in safe hands.
If the tenant doesn’t meet our requirements, they may need a guarantor who can afford to pay any missed rent if the tenant isn’t able to do so, thus providing an extra level of financial security for our landlords. Circumstances in which a guarantor will be require include:
• If the tenant’s income is below our stated threshold;
• If their employment is temporary or considered to be changeable;
• If they have not been continuously employed for the past 18 months;
• If they have been working abroad in the past six months.
We will carry out equally thorough referencing checks on the guarantor, who must meet our tenant requirements and also:
• Earn the equivalent of three times the annual rent;
• Be in full-time employment;
• Provide bank statements to show the credit of income on a regular basis.