- SOUTHERLY FACING PRIVATE GARDEN
- Private balcony
- PREVIOUS PLANNING CONSENT FOR CHANGES - see full description
- Chain free
- Over 650 sq ft of living space
- Outdoor store cupboard
- Multiple built in storage cupboards
- Two double bedrooms
- Reception room almost 19ft
- Guide price £350,000 - £375,000
Guide price £350,000 - £375,000.
Found in a small purpose-built block of flats just on the outskirts of Forest Hill, this property has some stand out aspects rarely found in two bedroom flats at this price point.
There is a private section of garden which is southerly facing and expands to approximately 40 ft. Additionally, on the other side of the property there is also a private balcony accessed off the lounge. This balcony can be seen in the front picture of the building.
With two sections of private outside space, the property already stands out. However it also offers two double bedrooms, several built in store cupboards, an outside store cupboard (some of the flats in the block have an outside store cupboard) and a lounge large enough to have a dedicated dining table and chairs (as seen in the images).
The décor in the flat is very “on trend”. A great example is the kitchen which has been designed with white handless cupboard doors, marble effect worktop and splash back, some stainless-steel appliances and contrasting grey walls and floors. You’ll also note that there is a built-in microwave oven and a dishwasher which many buyers desire to have.
Throughout the rest of the flat, the colours follow a similar trend and the lounge has a lovely warm coloured wooden style floor which makes it feel cosy and homely on entry.
The bathroom has its own window (which is less common with modern flats) and was refurbished approximately two and a half years ago. The kitchen was re-designed and refurbished in August 2017. The flat was also rewired and had a new consumer unit installed at the same time. Buyers can simply move in and begin enjoying the flat immediately.
Often with flats of this nature, buyers are limited to work they can carry out to personalise or add value. However the current owners obtained planning permission for some changes (which has recently lapsed in Feb 2018) but could be reinstated subject to reapplication and approval. Two of the images show a plan that was approved to create direct access onto the rear garden from the kitchen. A new owner could reapply for same whilst tweaking the design to their taste.
Alongside all the great features of the flat, the location, is very sought after for a number reasons:
1. Access to transport. Approximately 0.5 mile away you will find Sydenham station and only slightly further in the opposite direction you will find Forest Hill station. These two stations offer some of the following travel times to central London:
London Bridge in approximately 17 minutes
Canary Wharf in approximately 25 minutes
London Victoria in approximately 40 minutes
2. Access to amenities. Approximately 0.1 mile from the property you will find a Tesco express and a selection of other shops. In forest Hill town centre, you will find a large Sainsburys, Boots, Superdrug alongside many other boutique shops and conveniences. The selection of cafes and gastro pubs locally is always good. Dulwich and the popular Lorsdhip Lane and Dulwich Village are a bus ride away as is Peckham which are all well known locally for great eating, shopping and social life.
3. Recreation. Sydenham is becoming increasingly popular for recreation. The well-known Sydenham Hill woods are located approximately 0.6 miles away where you will always find many walkers and locals enjoying the outdoors. The Sydenham and Dulwich Golf course is located next to the wood. The extremely popular Horniman Museum and gardens are located just a little further down from the woods and is now particularly popular for its farmers market and regular events (music at the bandstand in summer being one of them). Sydenham Wells Park and Mayow park are two other well regarded local green spaces and you will also find a nature reserve and the very highly acclaimed Crystal Palace Park all approximately 1 mile and less away from the property.
4. Schools. One of the most highly acclaimed schools on South East London is Elliott Bank. This school is not only OFSTED rated outstanding but its also rated in OFSTED’s top 10%. This school is found locally and there are several highly regarded schools across Forest Hill and Sydenham which offers buyers confidence in the area they are buying in.
With a ground rent of £10 per year and a service charge of approximately £880 alongside all the great features above, we feel the property is well suited to first time buyers who want to be in an area that is highly regarded and fun to live in as well as a property that offers potential to increase value and personalise.
Please call Hunters to arrange your viewing.