PLEASE CLICK ON THE VIRTUAL TOUR LINK TO VIEW OUR 360 DEGREE IMAGES OF EACH ROOM AND THE OUTSIDE SPACES
Guide price £450,000 to £500,000
Positioned in a grand Georgian style building on Peckham Hill Street SE15, this two double bedroom garden flat with own front door and share of the freehold will appeal to many first-time buyers.
The property has many great features however we will list some of the stand out features below:
Some of the great things you won’t see from the images include:
• A new combi boiler was installed in Oct 2018
• The electrics were upgraded and certified in May 2019
• Affordable council tax. Council tax band B (for 2019 to 2020 its £1078.61p annually)
• New flooring from the Colour Flooring Company in 2017
• New kitchen installed in 2017
• Engineered wood floor and bespoke shelving installed in 2016
• The garden extends some distance and backs onto the canal path making it well connected to the outdoors and not as overlooked as many other London properties.
• There is access along the canal path to the wonderfully restored Burgess Park at one end and Peckham Rye Lane at the other. The revamped Burgess Park is a stroll along the old Surrey Canal Path and its conservation area status protects the character and heritage of this beautiful pocket of London
• The building is set back from the street and because it backs onto the canal path, it combines the vibrancy of being in Peckham with a calm and peaceful environment
• There is a new Mountview building at bottom of the street which offers adult dance, yoga, pilates etc.
• The library and Peckham Pulse swimming pool and gym are also located at the bottom of the street.
• One of the main reasons people buy property in SE15 is due to the vibrancy of the social life and recreation. There is a vast selection of eateries and drinking establishments catering for all tastes.
• The planned extension of the Bakerloo Line in the future makes this location a popular long-term investment opportunity. The Tube network arriving in South East London will likely have substantial impact on the local area and property prices. Buyers should explore this information available online regarding the potential extension.
Features you will appreciate from the images, 360-degree photographs and video we have provided include:
• Your own entrance area and front door – The entrance is private and set away from the rest of the building (see 360 images to get a sense of the entrance patio area).
• A share of the freehold will be sold with the flat. The current owners enjoy a share of the freehold meaning they have more control over how the building is cared for and maintained. This is far more desirable than leasehold only.
• French doors from both the bedroom and living area provide direct accesses to the garden creating an enjoyable connection to outside space – Both sets of doors open onto the patio area leading to the rear garden. This is a very welcome rare feature because the property spans the width of the building and the layout allows for entry onto the garden from different areas of the property.
• Two double bedrooms – Another great feature is the size of both bedrooms. Please refer to the floor plan and you will note that both bedrooms are good size double bedrooms. Normally one bedroom would be much smaller but in this case both are approximately 13 ft.
From both Peckham Rye and Queens Road Peckham train stations (approximately half a mile away from the property) trains will take you to central London stations in just a few minutes. Elephant and Castle is approximately ten mins on the bus from Peckham Hill street where you can access the tube (Northern Line) or enjoy the vibrancy and social life surrounding Elephant and Castle.
From the local stations (Peckham Rye and Queens Road) you can travel to some of the following central London stations:
London Bridge in 10 minutes
Victoria in 13 minutes
St Pancras in 24 minutes
For those that like dining out and shopping, there are trendy bars, restaurants and boutique shops to enjoy. In addition, the increasingly popular Bellenden Road is around half a mile away where you’ll find even more selection.
If that wasn't enough, with Old Kent Road just a bit further to the North and Peckham Road to the south, residents will find an array of well known named shops, grocery stores and conveniences as well as other local facilities such as the library, farmers market and leisure centres.