A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE SUCH A SPECIAL PROPERTY
This really is a property that oozes character some parts of which date back to the 17th Century.
Built of a stone and brick construction, this home retains a wealth of architectural features including beamed ceilings and mullioned windows to name but a few. Situated within the conservation area of Stanley Village with views over Stanley Pool, the property is set in mature gardens featuring various patio areas, lawns and lower beds. This truly is a family home where memories are just waiting to be made.
On closer inspection: From the entrance hall doors leading onto the cosy lounge, spacious dining room, study/home office, breakfast kitchen, shower room, storage and stairs down to the cellar. The stairs leading to the first floor arrive at a split level landing, on one side is the master suite with feature bathroom, the other leads to the further three bedrooms, bedroom two having an adjoining WC.
To the outside you will find magnificent garden areas with patio seating areas and fantastic far reaching views, a perfect way to end to your busy day or to entertain family and friends on a summers evening.
The Stanley family, recorded in the late 12th century probably took their name from an existing settlement. The name means a clearing in stony ground and is considered to be a reference to the site of the present village. The oldest house there is Lower House Farm, of c. 1700 and is thought to be on the site of the medieval manor house.
In 1688 the house was bought from Thomas Fernihaugh by John Shaw, rector of Swettenham in Cheshire. Shaw was succeeded in 1715 by his son Richard, an Anglican clergyman who died unmarried in or shortly before 1754. In 1760, in accordance with Richard's wishes, the property then known as Lower House was settled on trustees to endow a charity for the poor of the township.
The trustees, after repairing the farm buildings, used the profits for the benefit of poor householders in Stanley, who were not in receipt of parish relief and in apprenticing poor children from the village.
Source - A History of the County of Stafford Volume 7
4.85m (15' 11") x 3.89m (12' 9")
Windows to both side aspects. Stable door with a front aspect. Range of solid wood wall and base units with granite worktops. Inset Belfast sink with refurbished brass swan neck mixer tap. Hand made wall tiles. Integrated washing machine and dishwasher. Feature 1930's coal fired range. Quarry tiled floor. Double Radiator. 17 x power points.
3.73m (12' 3") x 3.68m (12' 1")
Windows with a front aspect. Exposed stone fireplace and hearth. Hand fabricated fire canopy. Gas fired dog grate. Exposed oak beams. Picture Rail around room. Oak window sill. Ceiling light. Double Radiator. 6 x power point. Wall lights.
3.71m (12' 2") x 2.87m (9' 5")
Window with a side aspect. Ceiling Light. Original exposed oak beams and rafters. Plank door with 'bulls eye' window. Stone stillages along the length of one wall. Stone mullioned window with wooden shutters. Substantial shelf space. 8 x power points.
5.59m (18' 4") x 4.90m (16' 1")
The oldest part of the property, inscription on the main beam indicates refurbishment in 1769. Stripped and french polished oak beams. Early oak cupboards set into the "inglenook" wall. Separate cloakroom, containing meter cupboard, leads to the front
door. Reclaimed antique black slate Adam style fireplace with hand painted panels. Open coal effect gas fire. Stone mullioned windows with shutters. Wood panelled ceiling with inset spotlights.
Quarry tile flooring leading into the kitchen. Beamed ceiling.Wooden staircase with turned spindles. Ceiling light.
1.90m (6' 3") X 1.85m (6' 1")
Smoked glass door to shower cubicle. Beamed ceiling. Floor to ceiling tiles. Bespoke hand built beech vanity. Walk in shower enclosure with mains shower. Spotlights to ceiling. Wall light. Radiator. Extractor fan. Double Radiator. Shaver point. White porcelain sink, shower tray and toilet.
6.81m (22' 4") x 2.11m (6' 11")
Double glazed Velux skylight with a side aspect. 2 x Radiators. Under stairs storage. 4 x Power points. Exposed oak beam.
4.19m (13' 9") x 5.03m (16' 6")
Victorian cast fireplace. Windows to both front and rear aspects, featuring stone mullion with wooden shutters and mahogany window sills. Oak beams with exposed rafters. Polished wooden floors. Double radiator. 8 x power points.
3.56m (11' 8") x 3.07m (10' 1")
Bathroom ensuite to Master Bedroom. Reproduction victorian ceramic toilet and wash basin. High level cistern (BC Sanitan). Cast Iron double ended bath with decorative claw feet and Adams tap and shower fitment. Painted wood splash panel. Antique wardrobe converted to airing cupboard.
4.88m (16' 0") x 3.81m (12' 6")
Windows with front and rear aspects. Solid wood flooring. Victorian cast iron feature fire surround. Ceiling and Wall lights. Double radiator. 6 x power sockets. Telephone point.
ADJOINING WC TO BEDROOM 2
1.93m (6' 4") x 1.37m (4' 6")
En suite has white porcelain sink and toilet with fitted vanity unit. Shaver unit. Radiator.
3.71m (12' 2") x 3.81m (12' 6")
Window with a front aspect. Victorian cast fireplace with quarry tile hearth. Wooden shutters to window. Exposed stone window lintel. Small feature window to landing.
3.73m (12' 3") x 2.95m (9' 8")
Window with a side aspect giving a view over Stanley Pool. Exposed beams. Ceiling and wall light. Double radiator. 4 x power sockets. Plank door. Built in wardrobe.
4.42m (14' 6") x 3.76m (12' 4")
Double vaulted brick ceiling. Concrete floor with damp proof membrane. Electric Lighting. Stone stillages. Double radiator. Power socket.
9.75m (32' 0")x 3.20m (10' 6")
Tandem double garage. Electricity with fluorescent lighting and 6 power sockets, alarmed to main house. Separate storage shed 3.66m (12') x 1.52m (5') to side
To the front of the property there is off road parking for upto 4 vehicles, this extends from the roadside to the detached tandem garage. There is a gated access to a paved pathway which passes beside gardens and assorted planted borders to the entrance doorway. The garden is laid to a combination of decorative lawns and terraced borders with a range of pathways giving access to various patios and secluded spaces enjoying a high level of privacy throughout.