Located within three miles of a major company employing approx 8,000 people, with guests returning regularly and booking in advance to guarantee accommodation.
- Situated on the road that leads to Scafell Pike - England's highest mountain, Wastwater - the deepest lake in England and the Wasdale Valley - once voted the best view in Britain.
- spoilt with a choice of three golf courses: Eskdale Golf Course, Seascale Golf Course and St Bees Golf Course.
- A newly built Annex offering a combination of en-suite bedrooms and apartments that have been built to a very high standard.
- Installation of a Biomass Pellet Boiler that has gained RHI approval and offers an index linked income for the next 15 years. The current income from the boiler is in the region of £4K per annum.
- Complete renovation of a number of rooms in the Hall to expose sandstone walls, oak beams and original fire places.
- Major ground works in the beer garden to offer one of the best outside drinking areas in Cumbria.
- 5* Scores on the doors.
- School and church located at the bottom of Gosforth Hall's drive.
- Won West Cumbria CAMRA pub of the year 2017.
- Documented Full Health & Safety Policies.
- Newly installed and maintained fire alarm systems.
- Private water supply.
- Large car park.
- Ideal village location with good local facilities.
Further information available upon request.
Property information: Freehold
There is a 2 bedroom owners apartment that offers a large lounge, bathroom and office. The office could be converted into a kitchen if required.
The Hall is located within the beautiful and unspoilt area of the Lake District National Park.
With the development of Moorside, close by, this will result in even more accommodation being required. http://www.itv.com/news/border/2017-05-03/exclusive-nugen-ceo-certain-moorside-nuclear-development-will-go-ahead/
Located close to some of the most breathtaking valleys in England, including Wasdale, Eskdale, Ennerdale, Buttermere, Loweswater and Gatesgarth.
The Hall is only 3 miles from Seascale beach and approximately 5-6 miles from Drigg and St Bees beach. With Eskdale Golf Club, Seascale Golf Club, St Bees Golf Club, Whitehaven Golf Club, Workington Golf Club and Silloth Golf Club on the west coast, the Hall is well positioned for walkers, climbers, cyclists, anglers and golf enthusiasts.
The business offers 6 en-suite bedrooms in the Hall, 8 en-suite bedrooms in the Annex, a 2 bedroom apartment, a 3 bedroom apartment, as well as a 2 bedroom owners apartment.
This award winning business has been renovated to a very high standard and has bookings all year round. The ground area offers an opportunity to extend the business further and there is potential to add an additional 10-20 bedrooms at a later stage if required.
The restaurant caters for a total of 36 seats and with the bar, lounge and beer garden this could well exceed 100.
The beer garden has been completely revamped to offer Al fresco dining, an outside bar and outside electrics for musical entertainment. With our feature chimnea this area has become very popular on warm evenings giving you a Mediterranean feel in Cumbria.
The internal bar is well liked by residents and locals and has some of the old charm, with no music or TV in this area it feels good to hear the buzz of conversation.
The lounge is more of an informal eating area and has a large TV to offer residents and locals more of a pub feel for watching rugby and football rather than their room.
Further potential could involve:
- Extending the single storey building into a three storey building to provide further accommodation.
- Extend to the left of the Hall to offer conference and wedding facilities, a gym and spa or additional bedrooms.
- Relocate the bar into the restaurant to provide a bar over 3 times the size of the existing one.
- Installation of a micro-brewery.
Competition / Market: Being one of the best accommodation providers in West Cumbria.
Reasons for selling: Owners looking to relocate to France.
Trading hours: 24/7 operation, Monday - Sunday
Years established: 17
Support & training:
An agreed handover period that could be hands on, would be offered to any prospective buyer if required.