Landlords. Let deposit free and benefit from extra protection, faster lets, quicker payouts and fewer void periods
flatfair - a tenancy deposit alternative available from selected Hunters branches
A Deposit Alternative means instead of paying a traditional five weeks security deposit (or six weeks where the annual rent exceeds £50,000), tenants pay a fee of one week’s rent +VAT (minimum of £144) to become a member of a deposit free renting scheme which can significantly reduce their up-front costs. This fee is non-refundable and is not a Deposit. Any outstanding costs or damages will be payable by the Tenant(s) at the end of the tenancy.
What are the benefits of deposit free for landlords?
- Let deposit-free: Instead of paying a deposit, tenants join flatfair and pay for any charges at the end of their tenancy.
- Extra security: Receive up to 10 weeks’ of protection with free recovery for any additional costs.
- Fewer void periods: Lower upfront costs for tenants, and faster payouts for established charges, helping you re-let properties faster.
- More tenants: Make your property stand out online and appeal to a wider range of tenants.
- Control on-the-go: Stay up to speed with your property’s activity 24/7, on any device through flatfair's simple online platform.
- flatfair™ is safe: flatfair is insured by an A-rated financial institution and works with government-authorised adjudicators.
Find out if you can let deposit free
Contact your local office and ask if they offer flatfair to landlords
Landlord FAQs Deposit Free Letting
1) What is flatfair?
flatfair is the simple, safe and affordable alternative to tenancy deposits. Instead of an expensive deposit, tenants simply pay flatfair a small one-off membership fee and cover the cost of any established charges at the end of their tenancy. flatfair helps tenants and landlords settle end of tenancy charges quickly, fairly and securely, whilst protecting everyone through Independent Dispute Resolution. flatfair achieves faster lettings, a reduction in disputes and greater recovery of residual losses.
2) What are the benefits of deposit free?
Without an expensive upfront deposit, flatfair gives landlords a competitive advantage; your properties become affordable and attractive to more tenants, reducing voids. We facilitate fast resolution of charges and disputes with your tenants - in fact, you may even sell us unpaid established charges up to a total value of 10 weeks’ rent. If worse comes to worst, you can appoint flatfair to recover any additional sums at no cost.
3) How much does it cost?
For agents and landlords, it’s free! For tenants, flatfair charge a one-off fee equal to the value of 1 week’s rent (excl. VAT), replacing the need for a traditional expensive tenancy deposit.
4) Is flatfair safe?
Yes. flatfair is insured by an A-rated financial institution.
5) How do I join?
flatfair is an invite-only scheme for agents. Please ask your Hunters agent to contact us at email@example.com
6) How do I submit end of tenancy charges?
flatfair simplifies the charging and negotiation process between you and your tenants. All you have to do is upload evidence and submit your charges directly through the flatfair online portal. It only takes a matter of minutes.
7) What's the big deal about flatfair's terms?
Cutting-edge technology enables flatfair to put you in pocket faster, leading to quicker turnover and fewer voids. By providing up front liquidity for any damages or rent arrears, we alleviate hold-ups caused by ‘frozen’ (where tenants don’t respond) or ‘withheld’ (where ongoing litigation results in delays) deposits, keeping you pocket.
8) Do I still need to register a deposit?
No. flatfair completely replaces the need for tenancy deposits, saving you time and money on deposit registration, whilst offering peace of mind.
9) When does flatfair expire?
flatfair’s security expires in line with the initial tenancy end date, or after 24 months (whichever comes first). It can be extended at any time through the flatfair portal, free of charge.
10) Does flatfair require tenants to be referenced?
Yes, all flatfair members must meet the minimum referencing criteria.