If you are a Bridgend landlord, or you are considering entering the Bridgend letting market, it is important to know how to prepare property for rental. At Hunters Bridgend, we are pleased to say we know the local letting market well.
We have assisted many local landlords to find tenants, vet tenants and manage their rental property. When it comes to making informed decisions in the rental market, we are more than happy to assist you as best we can.
Are you ready to meet the demand from tenants?
There will be a sustained level of demand for rental property, and some of the most suitable tips we recommend landlords follow, include:
· Make sure all light bulbs and shades are present and in good working order
· Make sure the entrance point, including communal hallways, are kept in good order
· Make sure the front garden or outside area of the property is tidy and well-maintained
· Remove all debris around the property
· Review the rental accommodation for any health and safety issues
· Take the time to clean windows inside and outside of the property
· The rental property should be cleaned and decluttered to a high standard – it is sensible to pay special attention to appliances, kitchen units and sanitary items
If you follow these steps and make sure your rental property meets these standards, you will be well placed to list your property. However, you will also need help in reaching out to tenants, and then vetting tenants.
Landlords must welcome suitable tenants
While many landlords will be keen to welcome any tenant they can to minimise the chances of void periods, landlords must vet tenants. By vetting tenants, you enhance the chances of letting to a dependable tenant who pays on time and who cares for your rental property. If you don’t vet tenants, you may create a lot of problems for yourself in the long run.
Therefore, finding tenants and vetting them is a critical step, and one we are more than happy to assist you with.
It is also vital landlords comply with rental property regulations. This can be a full-time role, and many landlords don’t have the time, energy or motivation to stay up to date with these regulations. We know this is a chore, but we are more than happy to help you comply with all regulations.
No matter how much experience or expertise you have as a landlord, a helping hand is always of benefit. We aim to provide you with the confidence and guidance you require which ensures you let property in the most effective manner.
If you are a Bridgend landlord looking for assistance, we are more than happy to assist you. At Hunters Bridgend, we offer localised support while ensuring you reap the benefits of working with a national company. Therefore, you can be confident you will receive the best standard of guidance and support when you choose Hunters Bridgend, and you should contact us today.