If you plan on selling your home, you need to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). This means the energy performance of your home is available for buyers, and this means it should be at the forefront of your thoughts when selling your home. Making the right energy-efficient improvements can help sell your home, and vendors need to consider this action.
There are many reasons why an energy-efficient property is more likely to sell, including:
· A growing number of buyers want to purchase an energy-efficient home, so it makes sense to give buyers what they are looking for
· In a crowded marketplace, vendors need to stand out from the crowd, and energy-efficient home is a brilliant way to be noticed
· You want to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere at home, and energy-efficient improvements aid with this
· Energy-efficient homes are more cost-effective with lower energy bills, and this is something all homeowners are looking for
Hopefully, you will find these reasons enough of an incentive to consider making energy-efficient improvements to your property.
Is it expensive to carry out energy-efficient improvements?
It is perfectly natural for homeowners to consider the cost of carrying out energy-efficient upgrades in and around the home. There are some expensive improvements, but there are also affordable options to consider.
Anyone with a sizable budget, and who is looking for notable improvements in their energy rating should consider upgrading their boiler or installing double glazing. Making these changes aren’t cheap, but they will bring about an attractive return on investment.
Can I make affordable improvements to my home?
If you are looking for a more affordable way to improve the energy-efficiency rating of your home, consider some of the following changes and improvements:
· Swapping out traditional light bulbs to more energy-efficient bulbs
· Installing loft insulation in your property
· Review your property for any cracks or gaps and then filling them
· Place draught excluders around the property
· Invest in a thermostat
These changes are affordable, and over time, they will make notable improvements around the home. There is a great deal to be said for looking at the big picture when it comes to energy-efficiency improvements, and you don’t need to spend a lot of money to have a positive impact on your home.
Also, be sure to review the details of your EPC. Each certificate details improvements the homeowner can make to improve the energy efficiency of their home. These improvements are tailored to the standard of the property, so they will be extremely relevant to you, and the work you can carry out.
If you plan on selling your home in Greenwich this year, consider the benefits of energy-related improvements. We are more than happy to arrange a property valuation for you, and we can take you from start to finish when it comes to selling your home. To find out how we can help you with the sales process, contact Hunters Greenwich, and we will be more than happy to assist you in selling your home.