- Approximately 174 years remaining on lease with a peppercorn ground rent of £0
- HEALTHY SINKING FUND
- Ground floor
- RESIDENTS GARDEN PARTY
- Two bedroom
- DIRECT ACCESS TO GARDEN
- New Valiant boiler in 2017 with remainder of warranty
- Southerly facing lounge window
- Guide price £325,000 to £375,000
Please view our 360 degree images via the virtual tour link - https://spec.co/s/nhsm
Guide price £325,000 to £375,000.
Offering over 520 sq ft of living space, this two-bedroom apartment is positioned on the ground floor of a 1930s style building approximately 0.3 miles from Forest Hill town centre.
The property offers some 1930s style features which have been restored sympathetically by the current owners. Examples of this include the stripped wooden floorboards seen in the lounge, the panelled doors and door furniture, coving as well as the high ceilings.
The lounge window is southerly facing and you will note in the images that natural light floods this room due to the large window opening that is centred to the room.
It’s not very visible in the images but the outlook from the lounge window is quite green and lush. The owner has commented to us that they enjoy the view in all seasons as you can see trees and sky most of the year round (rather than neighbouring buildings and the building is set back from the road).
The windows are double glazed and set in recesses resulting in wide windowsills which can be used to dress the room for a more homely feel. You will note that the lounge and both bedrooms benefit from these windowsills.
Due to the position of the apartment in the building, the owners benefit not only from privacy but also from having direct access to the communal gardens (via the kitchen door). As the apartment is at the end of the building, this section of garden tends to be less used by other residents resulting in the owners of this apartment having use of a maintained communal section of garden almost to themselves.
The property also offers built in storage, parking, security entrance with entry phone, windows in all rooms and central heating powered by a gas boiler.
There are many additional benefits that are not visible in the images which we think are pertinent for buyers to know, so we’ve listed them below:
• A new Valiant boiler was installed in 2017 and still has the remainder of the warranty.
• The lease will be approximately 174 years when the new buyer completes with a peppercorn ground rent of £0
• The owners advise us there is a strong community feel in the building with some residents having been there many years and neighbours often stopping for a chat. They have also enjoyed the residents summer garden party where all the residents of the building can enjoy socialising and getting to know each other.
• There is an active residents’ management company and responsive management agents whom the current owners speak highly of. We noted how well maintained the grounds were when we visited, and the owner then advised us that there is a gardener who attends to the ground fortnightly.
• There is a healthy sinking fund in place for maintenance and upkeep of the building. As an example, when the security entry systems were upgraded during the current owner’s time in the property, the money was taken from the sinking fund for this work. We understand there are enough funds in the sinking funds currently to cover the cost of expensive works should the need arise.
Forest Hill station (approx. 0.3 mile away) offers services on the East London Line (Orange Line) and Southern Rail. Some of the following travel times available to central London stations include:
London Bridge in approximately 14 minutes.
Canary Wharf in approximately in 23 minutes.
Shoreditch High Street in approximately 22 minutes.
Victoria station in approximately 30 minutes.
Alongside the train links you will find a number of bus routes on the south circular which include routes 122 and 185 to Crystal Palace and Victoria to name a few (and a night bus route).
LOCAL SHOPPING AND DINING:
As well as having a Sainsbury’s, Forest Hill is well served with a variety of high-quality independent shops, including a renowned traditional butcher. There are also gastro pubs, a gym, cafés, deli's and restaurants to name but a few of its excellent amenities.
The Sylvan Post, a well-known pub, Canvas and Cream and Stag and Bow all variously host music events, exhibitions and craft days.
If you ever desire a further choice of drinking and eating establishments, then the vibrancy of Dulwich is a short bus ride away.
Off the high street in the town centre you'll find Forest Hill pools and library, both of which have undergone refurbishment. Forest Hill pools is known for its swimming pool facilities but is also a local leisure centre with a gym and fitness classes.
Mayow Park is considered by the owners as a hidden gem of green space locally and has some great facilities such as a bowling green, play area, outdoor gym, water feature, nature reserve, tennis courts, cricket pitch, café and meadow area.
The Horniman Museum and Gardens is a well-known local point of interest and can be found just beyond the town centre. It’s recognized as a popular family entertainment venue and has been featured in "Time Out". With regular events such as a farmer’s market, live music and seasonal festivals, there is always something to enjoy at the Horniman.
You can read more about the Horniman museum and gardens here:
Blythe Hill Fields is also located in the local area and offers recreational facilities such as the "Trim trails" which is an exercise trail. It also hosts local events where the residents of SE23 get to know each other better and enjoy the community spirit. You may look up details about Blythe Hill Fields on their website:
There are several schools in proximity to the property which are rated highly by OFSTED as well as some independent schools which include Rose Mount Montessori and the highly acclaimed St Dunstan’s College.
To name a few of the other schools locally:
Kilmorie Primary - OFSTED rated "Outstanding"
Perry Mount Primary - OFSTED rated "Good"
Stillness infant and junior school - OFSTED rated "Outstanding" and "Good"
Rathfern Primary - OFSTED rated "Outstanding"
Holy Cross Primary - OFSTED rated "Outstanding"
Rushey Green Primary - OFSTED rated "Good" and in OFSTED's top 10%
Dalmain Primary - OFSTED rated "Good"