We are Hunters Estate Agents Stevenage, a Sales and Lettings estate agency with a unique comprehensive portfolio of properties situated in a variety of fantastic areas right across Stevenage. Whether Buying, Selling, Letting or Renting, we are here to help you find your perfect property.
Being part of the Hunters nationwide network, including several local Country Properties branches across Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire, our reputation precedes us covering far and wide – we work hard to ensure we earn it. Think local, think Hunters!
Whether you are searching for a primary residence, a second home or an investment property, we offer unrivalled local expertise and knowledge for a vast database of clients within the UK and internationally.
Pay us a visit and you will find us in the same place we have been working from since 2002. Located on the historic Old Town High Street, once the desired and useful destination as a pitstop for horse pulled coaches, you will find an enthusiastic and professional team who pride ourselves by being a main High Street agent. We invite you to our welcoming bright and modern office, with a smart interior and innovative window display to showcase your property, whether it be for sale or to let.
The Stevenage office is a fully accredited branch with all staff members having completed the comprehensive Hunters training academy. The office is owned by Ian Wilson who has worked within the industry for over 42 years. Supported by Dan Bull who heads the sales team and Helen Moss who leads the lettings team, between them, have a combined experience of over 30 years. As you can see, there are so many reasons to talk about property with this highly knowledgeable team.
- Property Valuations (Sales & Lettings)
- Property Marketing (Sales & Lettings)
- Selling of property including sales progression through to completion
- Property management
- Accompanied viewings
- Conveyancing, property maintenance contractors, surveying, financial and EPC recommendation service
- No sale, no fee agreement
- General market advice
Why choose us?
- Member of a 200-office national network with access to a vast database, far more than any other Stevenage agent can offer
- 40,000 free leaflet distribution across town which your property can be a part of
- Local professional staff with extensive local knowledge
- Personal and attentive service from start to finish
- Comet newspaper advertising – a well-known local newspaper
- High street presence collecting continuous customer foot traffic through our door and an attractive office front window perfect for marketing your property
- Accredited branch – fully trained certified staff
- Community sponsorship – we have sponsored and supported local schools for many years including Letchmore Road infant school
- Support and reduced fees for our front-line emergency services heroes
- Downloadable online valuation reports
We deal with customers ranging from a first-time buyer budget up to high end larger family homes, including investment opportunities and development potential. These price ranges can vary between £60,000 for a share to buy scheme up to £15,000,000 developments.
Our average sales consist of £250k - £500k. Rental yields are usually concentrated around 5.1%
Pent-up demand continues to build across town as buyers respond to price adjustments, though some remain hesitant due to the past political uncertainty. However, remaining positive the number of exchanges in Stevenage was marginally higher in the first six months of last year. The total available budget of prospective buyers through Hunters has climbed to a five-year high. Properties typically receive multiple bids and sell for within 5% to 10% of the asking price and that gap is narrowing. Demand remains robust and buyers, who are typically trading up. At higher price brackets, in the family house market, there is a shortage of supply that means properties tend to go under offer more quickly.
Why Buy or Rent in Stevenage?
The town has a mainline train service including the new Thameslink line with several trains every hour into London Kings Cross (just 18 minutes away!) north to York and south to Brighton.
In addition, the A1(m) lies alongside to the west of the town providing an onward source to the M1, M25 and international airports with Luton Airport just 20 minutes away.
Stevenage is a mainly residential area comprising of a mixture of new developments, office conversions, old character properties consisting of Victorian & Georgian homes. The town was designed as a ‘New Town’ offering miles of cycle ways and parks to promote a lifestyle to act as a London overspill, to serve as a commuter’s hotspot but also for families wanting to escape city life.
Real hidden gems can be peacefully tucked away and easily missed. A real mesh and diverse contrast between the Old Town and New Town Centre with newer retail parks built around the outskirts. Read more about Stevenage in our local area guide.